Home   >>   esports  >> Madhya Pradesh To Host State Level BGMI Tournament For Young Athletes

Madhya Pradesh To Host State Level BGMI Tournament For Young Athletes

Stotram Roy Moitra  |   Jul 24, 9:00 AM   |   5 min read

banner image

Recently, Indian Esports has seen massive growth in popularity. Multiple players who are willing to make a career out of competitive gaming have emerged from the country. Tournament organizers, publishers, production staff, and many more have taken a stand for their passion and love of esports.


To celebrate the rise of esports, the Madhya Pradesh Government will be collaborating with BigBang Esports to host a state-level BGMI esports tournament where young athletes between 12 to 17 years of age can compete for the chance to get quality training in a professional esports environment, completely free of charge.

Also read: ASUS Announces ROG Academy Season 8 Featuring CSGO

Madhya Pradesh To Host MP State Junior BGMI Esports Championship


According to the official details, young and aspiring gamers in the country who are aged between 12 and 17 years will have an opportunity to get quality esports education, absolutely free of cost. The scouting will be in the hands of the Department of Sports & Youth Welfare. The top gamers from the process will be joining MP State Esports Academy, an initiative by the Madhya Pradesh state government to nurture the growth of young and budding talents in the country. 


While 80% of the selected candidates will be from Madhya Pradesh, the rest 20% will be from other states to boost the development of esports from the grassroots level. The MP State Junior BGMI Esports Championship will be held between the 1st and 12th of August. The last date of registration is 27th July 2023. 


The selected individuals will have the option to avail of the esports academy program both in online and offline mode. Esports professionals and game publishers are working continuously to avail the best of the best opportunities for Indian athletes to develop India as a future potential esports hub. Investors and other influential parties will keep a close eye on the growth of the country as a gaming hub.

Hello! Stotram here! I love to play games and listen to Hip Hop. I am working as an esports writer at Gossip. Hope you enjoy reading my articles!




View More Comments